Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Marilyn Miller Music, Occupy Hudson

Hello! I am a Hudson musician who also is active with Occupy Hudson. 

My idea is to two fold..... I know several musicians with a folk-song bent who enjoy busking on the streets in Hudson. Many of the songs we do are very much in line with Occupy. I am sure we can come up with a small group of musicians (or maybe a couple groups) who would like to roam the street during any high traffic times, singing protest songs/story songs that would be Occupy-friendly.

I can envision us walking the street and stopping for some tunes here and there, both entertaining folks as well as encouraging sign alongs. We could certainly do the same on a planned basis for an installation or event, leading a sing along of old folk/protest songs, or just providing music. I am quite sure that we are not the only group of musicians interested, and perhaps we can get some young folks doing music more conducive to their tastes also, if we ask in the right places. 

The usual players have guitars, mandolins, violins, banjos, accordions and we do quite a bit of harmonizing.

I also very much believe that music is for people, and I love to lead sing alongs, and have a good amount of old folks songs that are, again, Occupy friendly. I would LOVE to be involved in any way that seems to fit a particular event, installation, etc with leading a sing along. Music very much brings people together .....

Thank you for reading. I hope to be of service to you. Let me know how I can help.

5 comments: