Thursday, February 2, 2012

Claudia McNulty, Wall Mural and Installation


I would need a small contained space. I would paint,  in the grey range , an American flag from floor to ceiling covering all wall space and wrapping around  the rooms  walls so that it is continuous. The star  part would start  not in one corner,  but be intersected  by 2 walls. The darker grey stripes would look as though they were dripping  down into/onto the much lighter  stripes. I may write in a slightly lighter shade of  grey , on the dark stripes, quotes about  banking  and the constitution  taken from  known sources, i.e. Jefferson , John D. Rockefeller.I could paint across  a window should that  be the case of available space.

In the floor area  I would have small metal tables, that are in fact Polish army WW 2 camp equipment.They are damaged and the worse for ware. On each table I would have a  book. I may cast it in plaster if able to. In any event, the book would  not be openable.

If  I  can't paint the floor I will create a floor cloth  so that  the room all remains in grey. I may  put  more writing or info  upon it too. Not  sure  how it would be lit- depends on the  scale/shape of the  room and what is already  provided.

 Thank you very  much for your consideration!!


6 comments: