Friday, February 3, 2012

James Foehrenbach, Photographs, Signs

My name is James Foehrenbach. I am a native New Yorker with a lifelong interest in politics and street art. After I graduated from Ursinus College, I found myself with a lot of debt and unable to find a job in my field. Occupy Wall Street began on September 17th, and I felt immediately compelled to volunteer my time at Liberty Plaza and use my camera to help document the experience. The first photograph aims to shed light on the Zucotti Experience; local pizzerias offered “Occupation Specials” on pizza deliveries to the park, and the boxes (like the one in the picture) were then reused to create signs and stencils. The next eight photographs were taken on October 15th, the International Day of Action, and show the diverse faces of those marching in protest, as well as the causes of the economic crisis. The final shot in the series was taken the morning after the midnight raid that brought an end to the physical occupation of Liberty Plaza.







8 comments:

  1. YES,several of these (really great to see the senior citizens in these illustrates age diversity)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, some good ones for group show

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, though we have a ton of doc work...do we need a serious edit of all of it together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to see the signs in a rotating photo slide show as a window display, either stand alone or as part of the photo doc exhibit at Brik.

    ReplyDelete