Thursday, February 2, 2012

Akenshai Towns, Performance


I have emailed this artist to ask how the work would be shared with Catskill audiences.  Live performance? Web feed? Recorded?  FP  

I propose an idea of a visual exhibition that comes to life.   As I child I think one of the greatest influences on me to become an artist was the movie FAME.  It was based on a performing arts school where the students always used their talent to express themselves the world enjoy this because it was passion with a purpose.
            I attend The University of the Arts in Philadelphia, PA this is a very unique place because we are a visual and performing arts school. I found that the best way to get a reaction out of people is to give them action. Dennis Ferrer sings a song titled “Change the World”.  I propose to have our music department play this song while our dance and drama department perform it live. I propose that our visual arts programs allow student to make work around the theme of together we can. These will not only produce art that supporters see visually but also it will give them a chance to be apart of the art itself and experience it.
            This type of exhibition works on many levels because not only is it themed about togetherness. It is only possible if we work together. No one man can put on this show no matter how vast his talents just as no one man or entity should occupy Wall Street.


http://youtu.be/P3nk0-AZFGA

4 comments: