Thursday, February 2, 2012

Judy Thomas, Installation



I am writing to express my interest to participate in 'Wall Street to Main Street' in Catskill, New York.  Catskill is one of my favorite places, and I am familiar with it's main streets.   Last weekend I had to chance to visit with Sarah Barker, who suggested this project opportunity to me.   

My work is based in the public realm, empty storefronts, industrial spaces, sidewalks and parks have all been locations that I gravitate to for sharing my artwork.  I would be delighted to participate in 'Wall Street to Main Street' , in any way that the selection committee sees as a good fit for my work .  
Ideally, I would like to secure an empty storefront to host an installation of my 'Troubles'.  This series was born out of interest in recycling colorful plastic shopping bags and transforming them.   

I currently live in Waltham, Mass.  During the months of February and March, I will be installing work in the Reading Room at the Saugerties Public Library which will be up through 2012.   It would be convenient to install work in Catskill as well. 

I would also be content to contribute one of my completed works in the series to a group exhibition.   Attached please find images of past work







8 comments:

  1. YES: need details on which one is most closely connected to the Occupy movement and it's broad reach of concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES. yes yes, love this work. would like to review with more specifics from the artist to find the best fit and project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good photos and like "life on the street" - since "street" is a continuity for us.

    ReplyDelete